Star & Shield Group is dedicated to providing personal lines insurance services to the Public Safety Community and their families. Star & Shield Group represents other leading insurance companies for homeowners, renters, rental homes, and flood.
Find out more about:
Homeowners Insurance protects against economic loss to residences and household personal property, and legal liabilities for injuries and damage arising from residences and personal activities. Homeowners insurance helps pay to repair or rebuild your home and replace personal property due to a covered loss.
- Households with Certified K9 German Shepherds are eligible
- Multiple payment plans including EFT, credit card and Mortgagee Bill (Escrow)
- 24/7 Claims service
- Smoke Detectors
- Dead Bolts
- Fire extinguishers
- Monitored Alarm systems
Keep in mind that your homeowner policy does not include coverage for flood.
If you are currently renting a single family home, apartment or townhome you may need a renter’s policy to protect your possessions. Renter's insurance is for persons renting or subletting a single family home, apartment, duplex, condo, or townhome. Renters Insurance provides coverage for a tenants belongings and liability within a rental property. The policy protects against losses to the tenant's personal property within the rented property. In addition, a renter's insurance policy protects against losses resulting from liability claims.
What would you do if?
- Your electronics were stolen from your apartment
- Your home was destroyed by a kitchen fire
- Someone was injured in your home
Dwelling Fire (Rental Home)
If you own a home and rent it to someone you may need a “Dwelling fire” policy. Dwelling fire policies is used to insure single-family or duplex homes that are not occupied by the owner and are considered rental property.
Dwelling Fire (Rental Home) Policies:
- Covers damages to your property from fire, hail, vandalism and other dangers, as defined in our policy.
- Covers legal fees due to injury claims or property damage occurring on your property due to covered losses. It also covers medical expenses if a visitor is injured or suffers a loss on your property.
- Pays you rental income while your property is being repaired or rebuilt due to damage from a covered loss.
Manufactured (Mobile) Home
If you own a mobile or manufactured home Mobile Home Insurance can help protect your home, adjacent structures and personal property.
While no insurance policy covers everything, your policy covers a wide range of possible damages or causes of loss.
- Falling Objects
- Attempted or Actual Burglary or Robbery
- Trampoline Liability up to $25,000
- Water Damage from Bursting Pipes
Manufactured Home Insurance is available for School Resource Officers (SRO’s) who reside in mobile homes on school property.
Whether you live on the coast or not, Flood Insurance can help protect your home and possessions from this common source of property damage not typically covered on your Homeowner’s policy.
Flood insurance covers direct physical loss caused by “Flood.” In simple terms, a flood is an excess of water on land that is normally dry. Here’s the official definition used by the National Flood Insurance Program.
A flood is “A general and temporary condition of partial or complete inundation of two or more acres of normally dry land area or of two or more properties (at least one of which is your property) from:
- Overflow of inland or tidal waters;
- Unusual and rapid accumulation or runoff of surface waters from any source;
- Mudflow (a river of liquid and flowing mud on the surfaces of normally dry land areas, as when earth is carried by a current of water)
- Collapse or subsidence of land along the shore of a lake or similar body of water as a result of erosion or undermining caused by waves or currents of water exceeding anticipated cyclical levels that result in a flood as defined above.”